Camp reflection

Last week my class went on camp. We went to sovereign hill. It was my favourite camp. My favourite parts were the sound and light show, lollies and dressing up the we were from the 1858. I love seeing the teacher dressing up. I love shopping. I didn’t want to leave. 

I love dressing up as someone from the 1858. It was fun seeing what life was like in the gold rush. The sound and light show was better then I thought it would be, I love the 3D and the screen. The food was so good ,especially the desert. I loved camp so much that I wanted to  stay.

I was in the second richest school. I love school we got to stitch and the boys draw. Girls and boys played with different toys. We had to write in fancy writing. Our tables had a space to put your stuff. You needed to pay the teacher each week 2 shillings 12 pennys. 

I was so exited when we arrived at camp. I was so happy that we got to dress up. I was so sad when we had to leave I love everything about camp except Leaving. I wish we could go back and do it all again. It was a great experience.

5 Comments on Camp reflection

1. paigecbgs
    August 26, 2019 at 6:08 am (5 years ago)

Hi Dani,
    Sovreign hiil was very interesting but very cold. I didn’t like dressing up in clothes that weren’t mine. The clothes we had to dress up in barely kept me warm even with all the layers I was wearing. I did like writing with ink and practicing my copper plate handwriting. I also liked sowing but I wouldn’t think drawing is a very boyish thing.
    From Paige

Reply
  2. Eleanor Love
    August 26, 2019 at 9:23 am (5 years ago)

I agree with you it was very fun. I also enjoyed dressing up apart from the pantalettes they were very annoying, I want to know how girls wore them everyday.
    What would you do differently nexts time?
    -Eleanor

Reply
  3. Julie Walshe
    August 29, 2019 at 6:43 am (5 years ago)

Dani sure did love camp. From the moment I picked her up from school I heard all about it. She loved the food which she was quite surprised at. She also enjoyed dressing up like she was living in the 1850’s. I’m glad you had a good experience Dani; and I enjoyed hearing all about it. Love Mum x

Reply
  4. Meg
    August 29, 2019 at 8:22 am (5 years ago)

Good work Dani! Seems like you really enjoyed your time at Sovereign Hill. I remember being in year 5 and going their myself. I especially enjoyed the raspberry drops, ink writing and panning for gold. You also mentioned your enjoyment for these activities, as well as dressing up which I personally found funny. Thankyou for sharing you experience and maybe one day you can go back to visit.

Reply
  5. Name*
    August 29, 2019 at 8:24 am (5 years ago)

Hi Dani,
    That sounds like an awesome camp. I’m disappointed I wasn’t there. I think I would have really enjoyed the light show and I love panning for gold. Maybe we can head back to Sovereign Hill another time.
    Love Dad

Reply